Featured Video

Friday 4 November 2011

Silk Smitha Was Used: Vidya Balan


Mumbai: actress Vidya Balan who essay the role inspired by Southern sexy siren silk Smitha in his upcoming movie "dirty pictures” said both silk and bold and fearless, she used the wrong way.

Milan Luthria directed the film describes the life of controversial South Indian actress Vijayalaxmi, popularly known as silk Smitha. "In real life, silk was very ahead of his time. She was proud she made and never been ashamed that she does. Silk was bindaas, fearless, open and wanted to live in full. She believes in taking all possible and lives every moment and not bothered about people say or think. There are some childishness in her, but she was fearless, "Vidya told in an interview to PTI.

"People think silk was bold, only because it is used to dress up or are in a certain way ... but it was part of her fearlessness. Some even believe it was shameless but I don't think it was. Today, the girls were in complete command of their lives and sexuality ... they are irreconcilable and are proud that they are doing. Silk was like that back then. And that is why it was wrong and the people were exploited in the wrong way, "she says.

Vijayalaxmi has reached iconic status as a sex symbol in Tamil cinema during her stay. Appears in more than 200 films, a young seductress was neck deep in controversy and eventually died at the age of 33. It is assumed that she had committed suicide. The film is rooted in the era of the 80-IES, particularly in movies, Tamil, and shows the ups and downs of dancing stars.

Award winning actress said the film is based not on silk Smitha life, but is based on it. "The film is based not on silk Smitha but based on her life. It's about dancing star ... dancing stars were popular then in 80-ies ...before the song element during this period. And silk was number one in this period. There are other colleagues of silk as disco Shanthi, Nandini nylon, polyester, Padmini and others, but silk was the first of its kind. Thus, the nature of the film called silk, "Vidya said.

Produced by Ekta Kapoor, the film also stars Naseeruddin Shah, Tusshar Kapoor and Emraan Hashmi.

Ask Vidya, if it had been any studies to get into the skin, and she said: "I don't watch a movie, silk Smitha. I watched "Sadma" (silk was part of Hindi film 1983) again ... There was the song "Oh Bahua" performed by silk ...Several times I have seen this song, but no one saw him. It's not just about silk; I've also seen others like nylon Nandini to see what it was like in that era. "

"There was no training, from my end for the role. Milan always told me why I want to prepare you. He just told me I should be ' bindaas ', and then all would be in the control. Originally, I never used to understand what he meant and tried to meet Milan to know what he wants from me. I was at a loss; I didn't know what I should do. .. How to portray the role,she said.




"I constantly read the script. She added that now I know and understand what it was all about absolutely for free, fearless and inhibited and I enjoyed exploring this side of me ".

The film will be released on 2 December, the anniversary of the birth of silk Smith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment